Serving our community for over 50 years.
15-19 Victoria Crescent
Mount Barker SA 5251
Have you noticed a change in the look of your skin?
Did you know that non-melanoma skin cancer is the most common cancer in the world? It affects two out of every three Australians by the age of 70.
While skin cancer is almost entirely preventable, early detection is important.
If you have a mole that is worrying you or you’ve noticed any of the following changes, it’s important to have it checked by a doctor as soon as possible. It only takes 15 minutes, and could save your life.
- Has your mole changed in colour or size, or has become itchy?
- Do you have an area of skin that never heals?
- Do you have a spot that has grown quickly, or is new?
Even if you feel your skin is healthy, we recommend seeing a doctor for a skin check at least once a year, especially if you spend time in the sun for work or leisure.
Mt Barker Medical Clinic has doctors who have significant experience in the early detection and management of all types of skin cancer. While most doctors can perform skin checks, many of our doctors have further qualifications in this field. They can also remove any dangerous spots or moles, saving you a trip to the dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
We recommend annual skin checks for people aged 50 years and over, or who have:
- Family history of melanoma
- Previous history of non-melanoma skin cancer
- Previous history of melanoma
- Attended a solarium more than five times
- Significant sun damage
- A spot that has changed, is new, or has become symptomatic.
If this is you, or someone you know, please book a skin check appointment online or by calling us on 8391 1300.